JPS Africa NPC is a non-governmental organization based in Pretoria seeks a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Manager to lead monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance activities for the Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision program (VMMC). This position will provide guidance in the development, implementation, and quality assurance for M&E, health informatics systems, and other activities that support program implementation, data-based program decision-making, and documentation of results at all levels, including reporting to donors, conducting needs assessments, baseline and endline evaluations, and other research-related activities as needed. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Assurance Manager will provide leadership for and mentor local M&E staff and consultants, as well as other JPS Africa NPC staff, on key technical issues, including M&E methods and health informatics. Working collaboratively with Managing Director, Deputy Chief of Party and program managers, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Assurance Manager will contribute to program work plans that includes M&E scopes of work, budgets, timelines, staffing, and level of effort requests, as well as assist as needed in M&E-related aspects of business development, materials development, and knowledge management.
Required qualifications include:
- Masters degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics, or related social science
- At least 5 years of international health experience working with international or local donor, aid, or development agencies in monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to manage and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access, Power BI, etc.
- In-depth understanding of evolving international health funding priorities, technical state-of-the-art thinking and priorities, and program development roles and opportunities
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills (English); strong verbal, written, and presentation skills in at least one additional language relevant to South Africa.
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel.
The ideal candidate will have technical and experiential knowledge of a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation techniques, including knowledge of research methods and design and the relationship of information systems to program, field, and global initiatives; extensive knowledge of and experience in the international health program development field; knowledge of international and U.S. donor agencies, government of South Africa and private sector foundations; and experience working with USG-funded projects and PEPFAR. Experience in developing and making professional presentations at high levels required. This position is based in Pretoria.
Interested candidates should email cover letters and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Assurance Manager” by 27 October 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.